July 20, 2022
Healthy Swaps: Ferrero Bliss Balls
If there's chocolate around, chances are, I'm going for it. I've got a BIG sweet tooth so I've found that having healthy versions of my favourite treats around helps!
Today I'm sharing my recipe for my version of Ferrero Rocher - without all the sugar and under 5 ingredients!
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 5 medjool dates - pitted
- 1-2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup *optional if you like it sweeter!*
- In a food processor, blitz your hazelnuts slightly. Leave some larger pieces of nuts.
- Add all other ingredients and blitz. If the mixture is too wet, add more cacao powder. If too dry, add more almond butter.
- Roll into even sized balls and try not to eat them all in one go!
Store these Ferrero bliss balls in the fridge, they make the perfect after meal dessert!
If you do try this, tag us or send us a photo on Instagram! @baseathletica we'd love to see your recreation!